A blog about beer, food, cooking and good times...

"I love hoppy things... I love things with hops in them... Like little bags and towels... Hops rule foreva."

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Moylan's "Hopsickle" What's in a name?


What's in a name? I'll tell you... nothing! I had high hopes for this brew. I figured with a a name like Hopsickle and a price tag of $11.99 for 22oz., and 9.2% ABV it had to be good right? Wrong. One of the only notables for this beer is it's carbonation, it has a silky feel to it, not overly carbonated. On the downside is everything else. No real aromatics to speak of, the label speaks of a triple hopped flavor, but we couldn't find it, just bitterness from beginning to end and no hop flavor. "It's the white rind of a grapefruit." -B.B.
Moylan's Brewery Novato, CA
Hopsickle Imperial Ale
ABV 9.2%
IBU ?

No comments:

Post a Comment